February 19th, 2012
Fellow Flag & General Officers:
Time to "get the word out" once again as more and more matters cross our TFGON HQ Desk. Details follow:
1. New TFGON Military/Veterans Organization Liaison List seeks TFGON Members in Senior Leadership
2. Mission Readiness seeks Flag/General Officer contacts in Wisconsin
3. Letters to the Editor Efforts RE: Defense Cuts
4. TFGON Membership nearing 3300
1. New TFGON Military/Veterans Organization Liaison List seeks TFGON Members in Senior Leadership: As you might imagine, MANY of our TFGON Members are involved in senior leadership roles with a broad spectrum of military and veterans organizations, and from time to time, each of us has need or the wish to reach out to some of these organizations with questions or queries or a desire to become a member. Indeed, as TFGON has checked into this involvement of our members, it has become obvious that TFGONers are filling major leadership roles in a wide range of the entire military and veterans organization fabric. It is in this regard that we are reaching out to you in TFGON to determine which of you are working with one or more veterans/military organizations, either in the elected or appointed leadership or on the Board of Directors or Trustees, either current or former, so that we might list you as a TFGON Liaison Representative with that organization. This will provide our fellow TFGONers with a "first point of contact" that they can go to with questions or to pursue further involvement or seek membership, plus it will provide your organization with an official linkage back to TFGON. Nothing like having a friendly face in the leadership to go to and who better than one of your fellow flag/general officers to begin that process.
We've begun to separate out our TFGON member involvement in military and veterans organizations from our Corporate/Organization Liaison Listing and move these listings into a separate new list so as to make the search quicker and easier when seeking our TFGON links in military and veterans organizations. This effort has just begun, with that initial listing at the following URL on our TFGON website: www.flagandgeneralofficersnetwork.org/milLiason.html
Check it out and if you are serving in any military/veterans organization leadership positions, whether yet listed or not, we ask that you add yourself to this list to serve as a "first point of contact" for your fellow TFGON Members. To do so, just hit reply and let us know you are willing to so serve, and indicate the name of the organization and it's website URL, your name, rank, and branch of service, and the current or former position you hold or held with the organization. Our plan is to list more than one POC for each organization in order to spread the load and in case you might personally know one of our several liaisons listed. Many thanks in advance for "caring and sharing" and being willing to lend a hand to your fellow flag/g.o.'s!
2. Mission Readiness seeks Flag/General Officer contacts in Wisconsin: This matter is brought to TFGON by Rear Admiral Steve Kunkle, U. S. Navy [Ret.], TFGON's Vice Chairman - Navy and Navy Board Member, and relates to Mission Readiness, an organization with which he is involved [along with several other TFGON members] and their need for a flag/general officer assist in the State of Wisconsin. And rather than re-invent the wheel, we've copied Admiral Kunkle's message below and attached a copy of a one-page fact sheet on Mission Readiness to this message---- request our TFGONers in the Badger State lend a hand-----
"Jim - would appreciate if you could put out a request for any TFGON members in Wisconsin (or ties to the state) to contact Jessica Davis per the note below if they are interested in assisting the Mission Readiness organization. They are a worthwhile group and I strongly commend their efforts. Thanks,
Steven A. Kunkle