Who Are We?
How to Join
TFGON Medal of Honor Recipients
TFGON Job Opportunities & Resume Circulation
Programs, Projects, & Activities Report
Supreme Court Amicus Briefs Submitted by TFGON
Corporate/Organization Liaison Representatives List
Military/Veterans Association Liaison Representatives List
Military Officer Retirement Communities
UCMJ Authority over Military Retirees
TFGON Members Directory
Flag & General Officers Biographies
Flag/General Officers Selection/Promotion/Orders Lists
U.S. Congress Biography
Guide: 1774 - Present
U.S. Congress Members Who Are Military Vets
VA Cemeteries Pre-Need Eligibility Procedures
Programs, Projects, & Special Activities
Rear Admiral Chuck McGrail Scholarship Program
Retired Flag & General Officers Airport Security
Newsletters & eNewsletters
Bequests To TFGON
December 27th, 2011
Fellow Flag & General Officers:
Some good info flowing in to TFGON HQ that we wanted to share with you----------
1. "From the Battlefield to the Boardroom": National Association of Corporate Directors Exclusive Board of Directors Program for Flag & General Officers.
2. Estate Planning: Your Digital Afterlife and some things you've probably not ever thought about???
3. Happy New Year to ALL in TFGON and a final request for you to make a year end donation!
1. "From the Battlefield to the Boardroom": National Association of Corporate Directors Exclusive Program for Flag & General Officers. This special program, hosted by the National Association of Corporate Directors and Sponsored by the Executive Search Firm KORN/FERRY International and other sponsors, will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, DC from 6 p.m. on 28 FEB to Noon on 1 March, 2012. This exclusive program is designed to help prepare military flag and general officers who are interested in becoming a corporate director and serving in the boardroom, and covers everything from boardroom basics to more complex issues of strategy, oversight and stakeholder management. Flag & General Officers can request a special invitation to the event, access details about the program and speakers, and view the complete agenda at:
The cost of the event has been partially underwritten by NACD and KORN/FERRY International and other sponsors, but there is a fee to attend which covers the cost of the program, two-nights lodging at the Four Seasons Hotel in Georgetown, meals, internet access, and admittance to the fitness center, along with complimentary access to NACD's "How to Be[come] a Director", and certain NACD Member benefits for one year. We'd suggest that those TFGON Members who are interested in attending reserve a seat soon as seating is limited. Our Point of Contact for this event is Henry V. Stoever, Chief Marketing Officer of NACD, a former USMC Infantry Officer and U. S. Naval Academy Grad [Class of 1988], who can be reached via e-mail at hstoever@NACDonline.org
or via phone at 202-572-2102
. We'd also suggest that you check out the Advisory Council listed on their website, as many of us know several of them and can ask them directly about NACD and this program if we wish.
2. Estate Planning: Your Digital Afterlife and some things you've probably not ever thought about:
Every new year, many financial planners prompt their clients to revisit and update their estate plans and wills, and in this digital age, they're also alerting them to attend to a new---- but critical area---- attending to their digital legacies. This is something new that's just hitting some peoples' radar screens in an era where for each one of us, the growth in our digital lives has been exponential, especially as we move assets to "the cloud". For example, people that die without leaving a power of attorney to an executor or trustee with the names of and passwords for their online accounts---- financial, professional, and personal---- those accounts may become inaccessable to your heirs. Heirs simply may not know of the existence of each and every online bank and investment account or repositories of photos, movies, and other data that the deceased might have wanted to pass on and which may end up ultimately being deleted. Without trying to provide an entire training course in these issues, those interested can check out www.Entrustet.com
There's also a book "Your Digital Afterlife: When Facebook, Flickr, and Twitter are Your Estate, What's Your Legacy?" by Evan Carroll and John Romano. Plus there are online services like www.Greatgoodbye.com and others are using online memorial sites whereby they can set up and create their own life story with words, images, and even audio. Sites include www.Bcelebrated.com
Don't put it off. I just lost a good friend and his widow is going through a nightmare because he died unexpectedly and she cannot find any of the documents and authorizations and access codes to resolve a thousand and one questions!!!
3. Happy New Year to ALL in TFGON and a final request for you to make a year end TFGON donation!As all TFGON Members know, we do not charge any dues or fees for membership, instead depending upon voluntary donations to fund the organization and all our activities. Our Quarterly Networking Receptions are priced to be self-sustaining, but all our other activities, including the TFGON website, accounting, tax returns, the Members Directory, the Corporation/ Organization Contact List, and all administrative expenses depend on voluntary membership donations every June and December. Without them, we'd not be able to continue our resume circulation efforts, job opportunity distribution efforts, these newsletters, and everything else that TFGON does to support our fellow warriors in the flag and general officer community. Our membership now contains over half of all living flag and general officers from all five branches of military service and TFGON is fast becoming know as THE Central Point of Contact for ALL MATTERS related to the retired Admirals and Generals of the USA. So once again, we ask for your support. All donations are tax deductible as TFGON is a fully approved 501.c.19 tax-deductible War Veterans organization. Checks should be made out to TFGON and mailed to 6022 Knights Ridge Way, Alexandria, VA 22310-1635, or you can go to the TFGON website and click on Support TFGON [In the List of Links on the Left Hand side of the home page, near the bottom] if you'd like to pay via credit card or PayPal. Many thanks in advance for your continued support of TFGON, YOUR organization that IS 100% Flag and General Officers, run BY Flag and General Officers FOR Flag and General Officers.
We now close this final TFGON Newsletter of 2011 by wishing each and every member of our Hearty Band of Warriors a Happy and Prosperous and Healthy New Year. May 2012 bring with it all the very best to you and those you hold dear. We look forward to seeing many of you at TFGON's first Quarterly Networking Reception of the new year now just 30 days away on 27 JAN 2012---- full details on the TFGON website---- click on Calendar on the left hand side of the homepage. Mark your calendar now and we'll look forward to seeing you there.
With all good wishes,
Rear Admiral [Ret.]
ARMY Board Member &
ARMY Vice Chairman
Board Member: NAVY
Brigadier General [Ret.]
Board Member: USAF
Board Member: USCG
Board Member At Large